A Forbes article titled “5 Great Escapes From Orlando’s Theme Parks” was circulated around the interwebs this past week, and with a title like that you know our ears certainly perked up. Actually, many of the local folks we follow posted or mentioned something about it, and we’d love to hear your thoughts.
We love all of the local theme parks (it’s my bread & butter, so to speak), but one of the reasons Kim and I started this blog six years ago is to provide insight and talk about local things…living in our great Central Florida apart from the global theme parks located in our collective back yard. So referencing this Forbes article on “escaping theme parks” what are some of your favorite places, things that didn’t make the list here?
If you haven’t seen the article here are the five it mentions:
- Winter Park / Park Avenue
- Cypress Lake Airboat Tours
- Paddleboard Orlando (nice shout-out!)
- Orlando Magic / Amway Center
- Downtown Orlando (complete with mention of Hanson’s Shoe Repair)
Thoughts?! Good suggestions?
To read the full article on Forbes.com click here.
* We originally caught wind of this article via a Facebook posting by Downtown Orlando. Thanks!