This isn’t a fitness blog … but you already knew that, right? But, since both Ash & I value a healthy lifestyle, why not continue to share things we learn along the way. Like 10 Ways to Get Fit in Orlando or our favorite new boot camp?
In July, I realized my own efforts toward getting fit weren’t enough. I needed an expert. Luckily, a friend of Pulse had long ago recommended his trainer at A Balanced Body in Winter Park. Enter Rob Murray, whose name has more initials after it than most doctors I know! Seriously … did you know someone could be certified as an athletic trainer, massage therapist and a health and fitness director?
Sure, picking a personal trainer is, well, personal, but what if you knew you could get:
- A workout tailored to your fitness goals
- Efficient workouts that yield visible results
- Nutrition counseling (this one is more important than I ever gave it credit for)
- One-on-one instruction from experienced trainers who actually want to see you succeed
I’ll be the first one to admit, I was extremely skeptical. What could a trainer do that I couldn’t do on my own in a gym? After several months of ongoing sessions, it’s impossible to list the endless number of things you can learn from adding a trainer to your fitness routine.
A couple of the most important takeaways for me so far:
- No amount of exercise can make up for a crappy diet, and by diet I mean crappy eating. Your body “starts over” every four hours, so no skipping breakfast so you can have a cheeseburger later … it doesn’t work that way ( … I thought it did!)
- You’ll never push yourself as hard as a trainer would — this one is a biggie. Beyond just helping you with proper form, a trainer is there to convince you to do two more reps when you were ready to give up the moment it becomes uncomfortable.
- Having someone put you ‘in check’ when the scale doesn’t move as quickly as you’d hoped is invaluable.
So, if you’re looking for a new way to jumpstart an old fitness routine, check out A Balanced Body. The no-frills gym is the perfect place to get fit … they also offer Thai massage and Pilates in their neighboring studio. What more could you ask for?
A Balanced Body
1971 Howell Branch Road
Disclaimer: This isn’t a sponsored post. This is my experience.