Klynn and I don’t typically cover “touristy” things too often because…well, that’s not the point of our blog! But sometimes there are some touristy things right under our noses that are too good, yet we don’t even realize it.
Courtesy of Yelp! Orlando*, last night we had the opportunity to experience Cirque du Soleil’s “La Nouba” show, at Downtown Disney. We’d both seen the show before, but believe us it’s just as good the second time-a-round (and probably the third, fourth, fifth….). Seriously, if you’ve never seen “La Nouba”, or any Cirque show for that matter, you’re really missing out. Yes, tickets are a bit pricey, but during non-peak seasons they often run deals for local residents. I can assure you, though, you will appreciate spending the money.
Cirque du Soleil has its roots in Canada but has multiple shows across the US. “La Nouba” found its home in Central Florida nearly a decade ago. I first saw it about eight years ago, and was awstruck. There are a few things to keep in mind when you see “La Nouba”:
- There’s alot going on. You probably won’t catch everything but be sure to look everywhere…up, down, in front and behind!
- The music is live! Yes, there’s a full band (look closely) and amazing vocalists.
- It’s funny, moving, and bizarre.
- These performers are hella talented!
- There are no tricks – it’s all real.
Of course, cameras/photography isn’t allowed in the Cirque venue during performances, but I did manage to catch some photos towards the end of the show:
Here’s a spoiler (don’t hit play if you don’t wanna see it):
* We received complimentary tickets for this show. Thanks, Yelp!