Brrr…would someone please turn the heat on? No, wait – that would melt everything!
I have been wanting to experience the Gaylord Palms Hotel’s ICE! since the first year they brought the exhibit to Central Florida but I’ve just never taken the time…until now! (Of course, I’d take any opportunity to visit the Gaylord Palms property because it’s one of the finest in the area.) Not familiar with ICE!? Well, after this post you will be, and you’ll want to jump in your car and head to Kissimmee right away!
Currently showing now through January 3rd of next year, here’s mine and klynn’s experience at ICE!
Yes, that sign above reads nine degrees! Holy cold! So you’d better be sure a heavy coat is in order (provided by Gaylord Palms).
For our complete photo library of the exhibit view the gallery below or visit our Flickr set.
Overall an awesome experience, and definitely something I would do again in the future!
Here are a few tips–from my perspective–that will help you have an enjoyable experience when you visit ICE! at Gaylord Palms Hotel:
- Visit during the week, Monday through Thursday.
- Bring a pair of gloves with you. If you don’t have any, BUY SOME! (My hands were painfully cold by the time I was finished walking through the exhibit.)
- Be aware there is a parking fee of $12.
- Walk around the hotel when you’ve finished touring ICE! The Gaylord Palms Hotel is gorgeously decorated during the holiday season.
- There are various ticket packages, including online discounts, packages that include parking, and season passes. You can find out more about these by clicking here
One thing I did not have the opportunity to experience because of time constraints, is a new show tied to ICE! called Luminescence. It’s a Cirque-type show and free to all guests visiting the Gaylord Palms Hotel. I’ll definitely be heading back out to watch this show before the holidays are over.
PLEASE NOTE: While this is not a sponsored post, “Pulse” was provided two complimentary tickets to experience the ICE! exhibit. Many thanks to the Gaylord Palms Hotel team for offering-up an opportunity to visit.
Can’t wait to see ICE! again next year!