UPDATE: 12/26, 1:25pm EST: (via Twitter) The Plaza Cinema Café is OPEN and UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT!
** Update: The Plaza Cinema Cafe has Closed. According to the Sentinel‘s story, they hope to have new management in place and re-open by Christmas Day … here’s hoping!**
Orlando Steps Into the Realm of a Major City…Kinda.
Last week I finally go the chance to visit downtown Orlando’s newest attraction, the Plaza Cinema Cafe. I’d heard many things about the theaters–both good and bad–so of course I brought my camera along to document the experience. Here’s what I found:
Yes, that’s a full bar! There are two, and as far as I know no children are allowed. Plush leather seats and gathering areas throughout the entire venue, the Plaza Cinema Cafe is definitely catering to a specific audience.
- It’s downtown
- It’s sheik
- It’s new
- It’s hip
- It’s affordable
- There’s food
- There’s beer
- The seats are amazing (wide, reclining, leather seats)
- Food still needs some work (my friend wasn’t really that pleased with her pizza)
- You have to park in a garage (unless you live or work downtown)
- They’re not showing all the most current movies (an insider tells me this has to do with licensing)
- It’s a bit small; doesn’t seem like it’d accommodate large crowds
All-in-all I’m really stoked about this downtown Orlando movie theater, and am looking forward to seeing more movies there.